HOW TO BEAT THE HEAT
In Nashville recently it has been unbelievably hot and the air has been as thick as molasses. Don’t get me wrong, I love the summer months, but sometimes the heat can get a little too much to the point where it not only makes you uncomfortably hot but extremely tired.
Speaking for experience I don’t care to be uncomfortably hot or tired during the day, but I wouldn’t want to miss out on the chance to engage in some fun summer activities or pass up on a chance to wear some bright summer clothes. In an attempt to stay cool below are some tips on how to beat the heat!
1. Drink More Water
2. Close your curtains// Closing your curtains will help keep your house cool and give your air conditioning a break
3. Dress accordingly// Avoid wearing heavier fabrics on hot day. Opt for lighter fabrics such as linen and loser fitting close, like a fit and flare dress or a billowy top.
4. Forget close toe shoes// when you can wear sandals, or better yet, no shoes, This allows for the sweat on your feet to evaporate faster and cool down the rest of your body.
5. Eat light// I love hamburgers and pasta as much as the next person, but these foods also have the potential to make you feel sluggish when it is hot outside. Instead reach for a salad or fruit and veggies.
6. Take a mental winter vacation// reading about colder climates can take your mind off the heat
7. Cool down before bed// the hotter tempters can make a bit of a challenge to go to sleep at night. Before you go to bed take a cool shower and make sure you have light weight sheets and bedding on your bed
8. Cool your car down// If you have the opportunity cool your car down a few minutes before you leave the parking lot/drive way
9. Working out in the hot weather// workout for shorter amounts of time at points in the day when the sun is not as strong or switch to water sports